I want to reassure you that Oxford Biosciences remains operational, with our business continuing to support all our clients. We are continuing to certify vital hand sanitiser and cleansing products for our clients in the UK, and throughout the world.
The protection of our staff, colleagues and clients is uppermost in our minds during this challenging period for us all.
We do not currently foresee any impact on the continuity of our service, but should the situation change we will post an update immediately. Although we believe the actions we have put in place are appropriate for the current levels of risk, they are under constant review.
To minimise any health risk, we are complying with government guidelines on reducing the spread of COVID-19. Based on the latest information, we are taking the following actions:
- Providing all staff with sanitisers and other cleaning equipment necessary to ensure safety at workplace.
- Strictly abiding the government’s advice on social distancing.
- Encouraging all staff to follow precautionary health measures, including frequent hand washing.
- Travelling to and from work but only if it is absolutely necessary and cannot be done from home.
Working from home
All our client files are strictly confidential. GDPR regulations prohibit any of us from working from home.
Limiting non-essential interaction and travel
We are following all Government guidelines with respect to non-essential interactions. We suspended internal meetings and social events several weeks ago. We are also not attending any industry events. These precautions will remain in place for the foreseeable future.
Self-isolation in the event of any symptoms
Staff have been asked to follow Government advice and self-isolate for 7 days should they feel symptoms of this coronavirus, or 14 days if they live in a household with an infected individual.
There are, however, amendments to our services.
- A few staff members are out of the office so completion of CPSRs may take longer than our normal quoted turnaround times.
- As Royal Mail is fully operational our post is going out as usual.
- Our microbiology lab is operational and accepting products for microbial testing.
We are taking this day by day and we will let you know if anything changes.
We will continue to update our policies as the national and global situation progresses.
I hope you and your loved ones are healthy and safe. It has been a tough few weeks for all of us as we try adjusting to the new normal.
Please be mindful, look after yourself and your loved ones. You are not alone. We are in this together.
With my very best wishes,